Senior Associate Colorado Springs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County (CT) Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- El Paso County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Ben Brightwell – Westport, CT 2015-2020
- Broder & Orland, LLC – Westport, CT – 2012-2015
- Rucci, Burnham, Carta & Carello – Darien, CT – 2009 – 2012
- Law Offices of Seth Arnowitz, LLC – Stamford, CT – 2005-2009
- Connecticut, 2005
- New York, 2006
- Colorado, 2020
- Wake Forest University School of Law – Winston-Salem, NC – J.D. 2005
- Western Washington University – Bellingham, WA – B.A., Communications, 1999
Ben Brightwell is a senior associate at Burnham Law, working out of the Colorado Springs Branch. With broad experience in all phases of matrimonial litigation, Ben is licensed in New York, Connecticut, and Colorado, and has a comprehensive background in handling high-conflict cases. Ben specializes in high net-worth divorces and has served as Guardian ad Litem in Connecticut, serving children in high-conflict custody cases.
Ben graduated from Western Washington University with a bachelor’s degree in Communications before attending law school at Wake Forest University. While in law school, Ben was a member of a moot court team that went on to win the National Family Law Moot Court Competition held at Albany Law School. After graduating, Ben served as a Special Master, helping to mediate divorce cases in counties across Connecticut. A Connecticut Super Lawyer from 2014 to 2017, Ben eventually became trial counsel in a case that created a new law in the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts, concerning how trust interests can be apportioned in a divorce case.
With many years of experience handling high-conflict, high-asset cases, Ben is an expert litigator and brings an extensive knowledge of case law to family cases of all types.