WHAT CAN A COLORADO SPRINGS CONSTRUCTION LAWYER DO FOR ME?
The construction industry in Colorado Springs has quickly become one of the busiest in Colorado. With a unique blend of tourism, military, corporate, and small businesses; Colorado Springs has become the center of Colorado growth. With a large amount of activity comes a wide range of legal issues to be addressed. Finding legal representation in Colorado Springs that can cover such a broad range of issues can be difficult. At Burnham Law, we have put together a team of lawyers that can tackle most of the issues our construction clients face.
What We Do
High-quality legal representation in the area of construction law requires a well-rounded legal team that understands both the transactional and litigation issues that can arise in a given situation. At Burnham Law, our construction law practice includes:
- Contracts (drafting and reviewing) – Contracts are the foundation of many construction industry relationships. Having a well-drafted contract can save time and money, and may even avoid conflict altogether.
- Construction Defects – Colorado has adopted a special set of laws to address construction defects called the Construction Defect Action Reform Act (or CDARA). CDARA requires specific procedures, practices and deadlines that contractors must follow. At Burnham Law, we represent both those individuals or businesses who have a defect claim and defend contractors against false defect claims. Our construction defect practice involves using some of Colorado Springs’s top construction experts and investigators.
- Mechanic’s Liens – Mechanic’s liens are a useful and common practice in Colorado Springs. At Burnham Law, we file, enforce, and defend mechanic’s lien cases. Colorado law requires that specific deadlines and procedures are followed in order to have an enforceable lien. The failure to follow the law can result in penalties and losing the right to enforce the lien altogether.
- Litigation – When all else fails, a lawsuit may be required to resolve a dispute. The litigation team at Burnham Law employs aggressive strategies that build their client’s case from discovery to trial.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Arbitration is a form of alternative dispute resolution that allows parties to resolve conflicts without going to a formal court. Instead of going to court, the parties submit their dispute to an arbitrator who hears each side’s evidence and then makes a binding decision. Arbitration is used widely across the construction industry in Colorado Springs.
- Employment Law – From immigration law, to non-compete agreements, to worker’s compensation, the Colorado Springs construction industry touches nearly every facet of employment law.
- Compliance – City and County codes, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, and property zoning are just a few of the compliance issues that Colorado Springs construction projects must address. Burnham Law handles compliance issues so our clients can concentrate on completing their projects on time and within budget.
Who We Represent
There are many different parties to a construction project, with each role having its own unique legal challenges. At Burnham Law, we represent nearly every facet of a construction project, including:
- General contractors
At Burnham Law, we have built our construction law team so that our clients can enjoy the full spectrum of legal assistance that we provide without having to shop around Colorado Springs law firms. At Burnham Law, our team of qualified lawyers are ready to handle your construction transaction or construction litigation needs. With our team on your case, you can be assured that Burnham Law will be by your side no matter the issue.