Areas Of Practice
FAMILY LAW – CUSTODY, DIVORCE, POST-DECREE MATTERS
Practice Devoted to Litigation
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Boulder Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section
Past Employment Positions
- Johnson Marquez Legal Group 2014 – 2015
- Prentiss Zaynard P.C. 2012 – 2014
- Denver District Attorney’s Office, Deputy District Attorney, 2006 – 2008
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado J.D. – 2005
- Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas B.A. – 2001
- Colorado, 2005
- Avvo – Rating of 10.0
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 10 Best Client Satisfaction 2018
- NAFLA – Top Ten 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell – AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence 2020
JP is a Partner at Burnham Law based out of the Boulder office. He has undergraduate degrees in History and Theatre from Southwestern University and earned his J.D. from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
After graduating from law school, JP was sworn in as a Deputy District Attorney for Denver where he handled hundreds of cases ranging from traffic and misdemeanor matters to first-degree murder. Working in the Denver DA’s office in the juvenile division, he developed a passion for helping children navigate the criminal justice system.
This passion has naturally focused his practice on parental responsibility actions, where he is able to use his substantial litigation experience to ensure that his clients obtain the results they want and that the best interest of the children involved takes priority. His family law practice specialties include dissolution, custody, the allocation of parental responsibilities, and the modification of previously entered orders.