we listen. we think. you win. start here.

What to do if you just CAN’T get along with your Co-Parent!

So what do you do if you find yourself in a situation where you simply cannot get along with your co-parent? You know it’s in the best interest of your kids to do so, but you just cannot get along with your co-parent. There are some options out there for you.

A parenting coordinator

First of all, you can ask the court to appoint a parenting coordinator. That person gets involved in your case and helps the parties to resolve disputes between each other. You can file a motion with the court to request the appointment of a parenting coordinator.

Your co-parent can also file a motion with the court. The two of you don’t necessarily need to agree for that appointment to take place, but it is pretty beneficial when you can have a neutral third party help resolve disputes between the two of you.

A decision maker

Another option is to request the appointment of a decision maker. Now in this situation, you do need the agreement of your co-parent in order for the court to appoint a decision maker. However, once the decision maker is appointed, that neutral third party then helps to come to a conclusion for the dispute and reaches a decision.

Then that decision becomes binding on your case and the existing orders in your case. There are a number of different parenting classes that you can take out there. Love and logic type classes that you can also take in order to navigate this often very difficult road of co-parenting. Good luck.

How can we help?

We have your back.

Speak with our experienced legal team who inspire, inform, and work hard to win for you.

Get started here




More Articles

Share This Article