With its close proximity to Denver and home to many businesses, Centennial has quickly become one of the most popular areas of Colorado. The increase in popularity has also increased traffic and car accidents. With the sudden onset of medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repairs, and other damages, being hurt in a car accident can have severe consequences.
At Burnham Law, our car accident lawyers are ready to pursue justice for the injured. We believe that when someone is injured because of the fault of another driver, they should receive the appropriate amount of compensation for their damages.
How Can A Burnham Law Centennial Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
- Investigate—Burnham Law partners with superb investigators who leave no stone unturned. Using investigators allows our lawyers to build the case with evidence proving who was at fault for the accident.
- Negotiate—Communicating with large insurance companies is intimidating and tricky. Without an attorney, many injured people fall for subtle pitfalls that the insurance company will set. Burnham Law will do all the negotiations with the insurance companies so our clients can concentrate on healing from the damage caused by the car accident. If the case requires, Burnham Law utilizes top experts to support and bolster the chances of receiving a favorable settlement offer.
- Litigate—If the insurance company fails to settle, filing a lawsuit becomes necessary. Burnham Law has a team of skilled trial attorneys ready to fight in court. At Burnham Law, we treat each case as if it is going to trial. If settlement isn’t accomplished, the cases handled at Burnham Law are in a prime position to be litigated in front of a judge or jury because we believe having a sound trial strategy begins before a lawsuit is filed.
Centennial Car Accident Injuries
Effective car accident lawyers are able to understand and explain the injuries that resulted from the accident. While car accident lawyers are not medical doctors, they must still possess certain knowledge to understand their client’s injuries. Having a legal team that is committed to having a deep understanding of the client’s injuries is the foundation of obtaining the full compensation amount. Some common injuries that may be owed paid compensation in Colorado are:
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
At Burnham Law, our lawyers have represented individuals with a wide variety of complex injuries. In these complex cases, Burnham Law takes the time to fully comprehend the medical records so that our clients receive full compensation for their injuries.
What Type of Damages Does Colorado Allow?
Colorado allows those injured in car accidents to receive compensation for a number of different injuries. Having an attorney who understands how to document, prove, and communicate each type of injury can have a profound impact on the ultimate injury award. Common types of damages that lawyers pursue are:
- Medical expenses, including past and future expenses
- Property damage to the vehicle
- Lost wages, including the lost of future earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Post-traumatic stress related to the accident
- Possible punitive damages to punish and deter the behavior of the at-fault driver
At Burnham Law, we understand that injuries go far beyond what the eye can see. We team up with medical providers to ensure all of the damages are well documented and presented to the insurance company and jury. While compensation will never return a client’s health, Burnham Law believes that any injury, big or small, should be compensated.
Time Limits for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Colorado
The deadline to file a lawsuit is called the statute of limitations. If a lawsuit is not filed by the deadline imposed by the statute of limitations, then the ability to sue is lost forever. In Colorado, most car accident lawsuits must be filed within three years from the date of the accident. However, in certain situations, the deadline to file the lawsuit can be shorter, such as when the lawsuit is against a governmental employee or entity. Be sure to consult with an attorney so that your statute of limitations does not pass.
What is a Contingency Fee?
Most car accident cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. In a contingency fee case, the client does not pay their lawyer unless and until the case is settled or won at trial. Assuming there is a settlement (or the case is won at trial), the client will pay the attorney a pre-set percentage amount of the injury award.
At Burnham Law, we feel honored to help our clients receive maximum compensation for their injuries. By investigating, negotiating, and litigating, our legal team is here to carry the load for the entirety of the case. If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact Burnham Law today to start your road to recovery.